Monday, April 6, 2015

Challenge couleurs - violet, fuchsia et vert


This piece is my entry for the recent colors challenge on Création Fimo.  We were asked to make a collar neck piece (a plastron) using purple, green and fuchsia.  Please find the collection of all the beautiful neck pieces on Parole de pâte.  
I was inspired by a photo of a "pink peacock" that I found on Pinterest.  

I then borrowed and idea from an intriguing video of pottery artists.  The technique used to make the second vase (1 minute and 30 seconds into the video) is what I adapted to polymer to make my neck piece.
I layered my colors in thin sheets and then carved shapes into the raw clay.  I wish I had taken photos while I was doing my challenge piece, but I was having too much fun, really in my zone. In any case, here are a few photos showing the same technique for a similar project I am working on at the moment. 
I bent some staples and embedded them into clay snakes to have a variety of tools to carve my raw clay.   
Carving tools made with staples and polymer.  
carved layers of raw clay
 leaf, cut out after carving

After carving some designs into the layers of clay, I use the pieces by smoothing and sculpting and trimming with a blade to make pleasing designs.  




No comments:

Post a Comment